DELETE TABLE is a logged operation, so the deletion of each row gets logged in the transaction log, which makes it slow. TRUNCATE TABLE also deletes all the rows in a table, but it won't log the deletion of each row, instead it logs the deallocation of the data pages of the table, which makes it faster. Of course, TRUNCATE TABLE can be rolled back.
- General Questions
- Technical Questions
- Project Management Questions
- Job Interview Puzzles
- Interview Advice
- Can you tell me what is a deadlock?
- What is a syntax for connection string to connect to a SQL Server Express database using Silverlight ?
- What is Dynamic CSS?
- Write RegEx which would extract all anchor text from HTML page
- Which methods of Serializable interface should I implement?
- Can you tell me what is the difference between bug priority & bug severity?
- How to post a BUG
- Arangement of blocks
- How JMS is different from RPC?
- How to decode UTF-8 string?